Sales and Community
About the Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced sales professional to join our Sales Team. Are you a sales professional who knows and loves great craft beer?
The Sales and Community role will develop and enhance Freehold’s relationships with a specific base of accounts, and expand our presence and volume within those accounts.
As a key member of a growing team, you will be relied upon to use your experience to expand the business.
Primary responsibilities include the following (but other duties may be assigned):
- Grow regional account sales using strategies that build long-term, mutually-beneficial growth
- Expand customer relationship by being an integral part of their business
- Increase placements
- Drive product, storage, serving, and training programs for businesses and clientele
- Develop market knowledge and insights and turn them into actionable plans
- Maintain a management control system for planning, directing, and organizing sales and marketing activities within assigned accounts
- Develop, implement, and monitor a plan to ensure fiscal budget adherence
- Maintain, monitor, and demonstrate competency regarding trade pricing and marketing programs on- and off-premises
- Influence effective wholesale and retail pricing
- Work with distributors and retailers to establish and manage goals
- Utilize data comprehension software and analytics to seek out new growth opportunities
- Execute marketing strategies at tastings, festivals, and events
The Ideal Candidate Is
- Passionate about craft beer
- A self-starter
- Always prepared, professional, and positive
- A team player
- Exceptional at building relationships
Freehold Brewing is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants regardless of race, ancestry, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, or disability are encouraged to apply.
- Only applicants who reside (or are willing to reside) in the sales territory will be considered
- At least 2 years of experience in being directly responsible for sales growth within beer or beer-related industries
- Candidates must have a passion for craft beer and be well-connected to the craft brewing community
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrate sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Knowledge of Liquor Board regulations, market trends and the competitive landscape
- Driver’s license and clean driving record
- Undergrad degree (or equivalent) from a college or university
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Hangouts, etc.)
- Working knowledge of EKOS or other integrated management systems
- Cicerone Beer Server or higher
- Pro-Serve qualification
- Carrying and lifting 45 – 65 pounds
- Immediate and overhead reaching
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Squatting or bending
How to Apply
Forward your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who doesn’t want to work in the beer industry? The craft beer market is booming, and is attracting all types of skill sets to the beer business. If you have an unrestrained desire to help colleagues and to build lasting relationships with businesses and Albertans, Freehold is a great place to stake your claim.
These are the values we hold dear, and the ones we’ll be looking for in an applicant:
Mastery comes from careful practice and dedication to trade, day-in and day-out. No shortcuts are made, and everything is crafted in a manner that is transparent and repeatable.
Hard work is an ingredient that goes into every recipe at Freehold, because we know that good things come from the dogged and tireless pursuit of quality.
There is importance in understanding where everything begins. Freehold is not starting from a blank canvas. What can we learn from generations past, and how did they help us get to where we are today?
An understanding of the history of our province and our industry gives us a map to explore, and we must venture to the edge in order to find opportunities that push the boundaries and set new precedents.
A true and honest reflection of place, Freehold is Alberta by choice.
Place is more than four walls or open plains – it’s the surroundings that ground us and allow us to explore, build, and grow. Alberta has been the setting for every part of our larger journey. There are a series of stories that start in both pioneer tracks and with boarding passes in tow. Freehold is founded on the thought that Albertans choose to carve their own way. A choice made because there is a finally a place that reflects an internal resiliency and the celebration of earnest hard work. Every Albertan in their own way is in their own pursuit of building a better place. A simple question, “How do we tip our caps to this place?”, serves to remind us remind of the importance of this story.
Freehold began in 2016 when long-time friends Matt James and Tavis Agnew envisioned something more than a brewery. They dreamt about a space that shares an earned meal, brew, and conversation. Striving for the nostalgia and care of sharing something built from scratch, they sought to build it from the ground up with ingredients that speak for themselves.